Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Vanessa Rose





Here is a picture of a picture of my sweet Vanessa Rose. I don't have any digital pictures of her, just film negatives and prints off of those that hang throughout the house, and this grainy picture doesn't do much justice for this beautiful girl. This was the first true smile I got at the end of October 2002, about three weeks after her first heart surgery. It was just after bathtime and that sparkle in her eye that had been so dim suddenly lit as she gave me this smile. I will love that crooked smile forever. Thank you all so much for the sweet prayers, wishes, and thoughts. I sure do feel them today, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

1 comment:

  1. What a beauty. Just like her parents. I love that crooked little smile too. I've been thinking about you all, all day long today. Big hugs to all of you.

    ReplyDelete